You are leaving the Nuveen website.
You are leaving the Nuveen website and going to the website of the MI 529 Advisor Plan, distributed by Nuveen Securities, LLC.
Third Annual Responsible Investing Survey: Investor interest in responsible investing soars
The Third Annual Responsible Investing Survey is a trended analysis of key issues facing advisors and investors.
Key findings include:
The political and economic landscape appears to be sparking investment action among investors.
- Investor awareness, interest and preference for responsible investing (RI) soars, yet myths persist.
- All eggs in one basket? 52% of investors say they would be likely to put ALL of their investment holdings in a responsible investing portfolio. 92% of Millennials feel the same way.
- Though there has been an increase in advisors raising RI with clients, advisors are less likely to recommend RI products compared to last year. 22% of advisors who have heard of RI say they are currently recommending RI to clients, compared to 29% in 2015.
- Advisors who continue to recommend RI are recommending more assets and using RI as a competitive differentiator, perhaps because they have seen success in their practice, portfolio performance and client loyalty.
- The reasons for advisor hesitation range from difficulty in portfolio construction to a lack of access. One in 10 (11%) of advisors say they “completely understand” the due diligence process to incorporate responsible investing in portfolios.
- More than eight in 10 (82%) of investors would be more likely to work with an advisor who could give them competitive investment returns from investments that also make a positive impact on society.
Risks and other important considerations
Investment, insurance and annuity products are not FDIC insured, are not bank guaranteed, are not bank deposits, are not insured by any federal government agency, are not a condition to any banking service or activity, and may lose value.
Certain products and services may not be available to all entities or persons. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Investments in Responsible Investment Funds are subject to the risk that because social criteria exclude securities of certain issuers for non-financial reasons, investors may forgo some market opportunities available to those that don’t use these criteria. Investment products may be subject to market and other risk factors. See the applicable product literature, or visit nuveen.com for details.
These views are presented for informational purposes only and may change in response to changing economic and market conditions.
This material is not intended to be a recommendation or investment advice, does not constitute a solicitation to buy or sell securities, and is not provided in a fiduciary capacity. The information provided does not take into account the specific objectives or circumstances of any particular investor, or suggest any specific course of action. Financial professionals should independently evaluate the risks associated with products or services and exercise independent judgment with respect to their clients.
The investment advisory services, strategies and expertise of TIAA Investments, a division of Nuveen, are provided by Teachers Advisors, LLC and TIAA-CREF Investment Management, LLC. Securities offered through Nuveen Securities, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC.
You are now leaving the U.S. Nuveen website and entering the non-U.S. Nuveen Investments website, which is intended for non-U.S. residents only.