Thank you for your message. We will contact you shortly.
Think all ESG products are the same? Think again…
Much has been said about responsible investing, ranging from aligning investments with specific values to performance. But often left out of that discussion is consistency of approach. At Nuveen, we believe it’s critical to implement transparent standards across our responsible investing products, which include ESG leadership, impact and thematic investing. We believe this creates the potential to drive alpha, manage risk and uncover opportunity for better client outcomes.
- Objective: The strategy must have a clear and transparent responsible investing objective, typically focused on ESG leadership, positive impact, or thematic outcomes.
- Research: The ESG research supporting the strategy must be robust and in-depth, focused on ESG performance and broad stakeholder impacts.
- Portfolio construction: Security selection and portfolio construction must systemically integrate ESG factors, ratings, themes or impact criteria.
- Engagement: We influence companies and issuers to help them innovate and operate more effectively; and partner with stakeholders across the market to set and follow responsible investing best practices.
- Measurement: The strategy must include a process to measure responsible investing outcomes such as ESG quality and positive impact.
Responsible investing is in our DNA
We believe responsible investing is more than an investment — it’s an integral part of our history and our future. With over 50 years of experience in responsible investing and a proven history of generating returns through all market cycles, we offer a wide range of responsible investing vehicles spanning public and private markets across asset classes, including ETFs, mutual funds, separately managed accounts (SMAs), model portfolios and annuities.
Our investment offerings
Nuveen’s responsible investing product styles
ESG leadership: Favor issuers who demonstrate leadership on ESG issues relative to peers.
Impact: Invest in securities that contribute to widely accepted impact goals such as the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Thematic: Deploy investment processes that align with specific themes or trends.
- TIAA-CREF Green Bond Fund
- TIAA-CREF Short Duration Impact Bond Fund
- TIAA-CREF Core Impact Bond Fund1
- Intermediate ESG Municipal (SMA)3
- Intermediate Government/Credit (SMA)
- Investment Grade Corporate (SMA)
- U.S. Corporate Bond Ladders (SMA)
- Low Carbon Value ESG (SMA)
- U.S. Large-Cap Growth (SMA)
- Nuveen Winslow U.S. Large-Cap Growth ESG Fund4
Quantitative and indexed-based
- Nuveen ESG Large-Cap ETF
- Nuveen ESG Large-Cap Growth ETF
- Nuveen ESG Large-Cap Value ETF
- Nuveen ESG Mid-Cap Growth ETF
- Nuveen ESG Mid-Cap Value ETF
- Nuveen ESG Small-Cap ETF
- TIAA-CREF Social Choice Equity Fund
- TIAA-CREF Social Choice Low Carbon Equity Fund
- Nuveen ESG International Developed Markets Equity ETF
- Nuveen ESG Emerging Markets Equity ETF
- TIAA-CREF Social Choice International Equity Fund
ETF Model Portfolios
1 Effective 01 March 2020, “TIAA-CREF Social Choice Bond Fund” changed to “TIAA-CREF Core Impact Bond Fund”. The name change does not change the investment strategy or the management. For additional information regarding the change, please consult the prospectus.
2 Symbols shown are Institutional and Advisor class shares, respectively. Institutional Class shares are available for purchase directly from the Fund by certain eligible investors (which include employee benefit plans and financial intermediaries). Advisor class shares are available for purchase through certain financial intermediaries and employee benefit plans.
3 Available as a national portfolio. Also available as California state specific or state preference portfolio
4 Effective 3 February 2020, the name of Nuveen Winslow U.S. Large-Cap Growth ESG Fund changed from Winslow Socially Aware U.S. Large Cap Growth. Symbols shown are Institutional and Class A class shares, respectively.
5 Available as separately managed account.
The funds and strategies are subject to certain risks, such as market and investment-style risks. Please consider all risks carefully prior to investing. Because ESG criteria excludes some investments, the funds and strategies may not be able to take advantage of the same opportunities or market trends as funds that do not use such criteria. Investments in small-to medium-sized corporations are more vulnerable to financial risks and other risks than larger corporations and may involve a higher degree of price volatility than investments in the general equity markets. Foreign investing involves certain risks, including currency fluctuations and controls, restrictions on foreign investments, less governmental supervision and regulation, less liquidity, and the potential for market volatility and political instability. Fixed-income securities are subject to interest-rate risk. When interest rates rise, the value of fixed-income securities generally declines. Investments in inflation-linked securities can be affected by changes in investors’ inflation expectations or changes in real interest rates.
A word on risk
Investing involves risk; principal loss is possible. There is no guarantee the ETFs’ investment objectives will be achieved. These ETFs seek to generally track the investment results of an index; however the Funds may underperform, outperform or be more volatile than the referenced index. Because the Index selects securities for inclusion based on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria, the Funds may forgo some market opportunities available to funds that don’t use these criteria. These and other risk considerations are described in detail in the Funds’ prospectus. Shares of ETFs are bought and sold at market price as opposed to net asset value. As a result, an investor may pay more than net asset value when buying and receive less than net asset value when selling. In addition, brokerage commissions will reduce returns. Fund shares are not individually redeemable directly with the Fund, but blocks of shares may be acquired from the Fund and tendered for redemption to the Fund by certain institutional investors in Creation Units. Open-end mutual funds, closed-end funds, exchanged-traded funds and separately managed accounts are different investment products, each with its own features, terms and conditions, fee structures and risk factors and certain restrictions may apply. Before investing, carefully consider fund investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. For this and other information that should be read carefully, please request a prospectus or summary prospectus from Nuveen at 800.752.8700 or visit nuveen.com.
Nuveen Securities, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC.