The decade ahead for private credit
In this special issue of Private Debt Investor, Nuveen CEO Jose Minaya and Churchill President and CEO Ken Kencel reflect on the evolution of private credit over the past decade: today, it has not only become an established part of the institutional investor allocation mix, but is increasingly seen as the primary source of financing for middle market companies and their private equity owners. Having proven its worth to the market, the industry is set for further change and growth.
The CEOs discuss the expansion of Nuveen’s private capital platform with the acquisition of Arcmont Asset Management, the synergies between Arcmont and Churchill, plus Nuveen’s aim to double the size of its global private capital platform in the next five years.
Jose also reflects the addition of alternative credit capabilities and solutions that address increasing global demand for environmentally responsible investments which can provide alternative sources of attractive returns. Ultimately, Nuveen has built a platform comprising diverse specialist teams with cultures of innovation and investment excellence.
Jose and Ken addressed:
- The expansion of Nuveen’s private capital platform
- The shift from the BSL market, combined with banking turmoil, and the impact on private credit
- How this is one of the most attractive private credit environments, some even calling it “a golden age”
- How individual and retail investors can now access private credit opportunities
- The importance of scale, track record, global reach and alignment
Nuveen's decade-long alternative credit timeline
View our timeline by clicking on the image below.
Private credit brings investors a broadened set of opportunities."
Scale and being able to deliver a full suite of financing solutions are table stakes in today’s market."