Login to access your documents and resources.
Private debt roars back to life
Barely 18 months after the U.S. economy seemed to be imploding, market conditions have rebounded spectacularly. Jason Strife, head of junior capital and private equity solutions at Churchill Asset Management, joins a roundtable discussion, moderated by Private Debt Investor, on the current state of the private debt market.
Key themes discussed include
- Potential caveats of the especially strong rebound
- Key challenges of operating in current conditions
- Concerns over inflation
- Potential pitfalls of the CLO and BDO markets that are yet to surface
- Effects of the transition away from LIBOR to SOFR on U.S. middle market lenders
- Trend of opening private debt investing to retail investors
- Danger zones with deal terms
- Investors increasing debt allocations
- Advantages of more established managers in today’s competitive market
Alternatives Are U.S. low carbon fuel standards driving a structural change in oilseed demand that could support farmland returns?
Potential implications for oilseed demand and farm margins stemming from low carbon fuel standards and the expansion of renewable diesel refining capacity are analyzed.
Alternatives How inclusive are you?
Nuveen, in partnership with Private Equity International (PEI), explores how investment firms are responding to the heightened awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) among both investors and employees.
Alternatives Explaining the disconnect between lumber and timber prices
To understand what is driving the relationship between timber and lumber prices we explore several factors: the historical correlation between the lumber and timber prices, the derived demand for timber, and the ratio of timber harvest and inventory as an indicator supply-demand balance in timber markets.