Churchill Asset Management
About Churchill Asset Management
- Stability: Reliable and consistent partner to private equity and investor clients with a track record spanning economic cycles
- Flexibility: Capability to invest at all levels of the capital structure
- Relationship-driven: Unique origination model empowers us to source proprietary investment opportunities from established relationships in the private-equity community
- Alignment: Through the significant capital commitment of our parent company TIAA, we invest materially alongside our investors in every deal we do
A leading capital provider for private equity-owned, middle-market companies
We serve as a long-term partner and provider of capital to the middle market. Led by seasoned professionals with an average of more than 25 years of industry experience, our team’s consistency and strong, cohesive culture anchored in fundamental business model analysis is highly valued by investors and private equity firms alike.
- Reliable partner for both private equity sponsors and investors
- Senior management involved in all aspects of deal process
- Agile and responsive team with consistent investment approach
Why ChurchillDifferentiated middle market access through a longstanding, scaled and well-aligned private capital platform
- Experienced management with 14-year cycle-tested track record
Averaging over 25 years of experience in the middle market, our senior management team has worked together for over a decade and demonstrated an ability to effectively invest across market cycles. Our team’s consistency and strong culture anchored in fundamental credit analysis continues to be highly valued by investors and private equity firms alike.
- Leveraging the scale of Nuveen
Churchill benefits from the scale, capital and resources of Nuveen, a trillion-dollar global asset manager. Leveraging Nuveen’s international distribution capabilities, high touch client services platform, and compliance and support infrastructure allows us to focus on what we do best – originating, underwriting, and managing high quality, diversified portfolios to help clients meet their risk/return objectives.
- Unique alignment proposition
TIAA, our parent company, is an integral part of the firm’s committed capital base and invests alongside our investors in every transaction we do, a unique and powerful alignment construct. Investors can feel confident that our success is tied to the results we deliver.
- Direct origination platform with proprietary access
Churchill’s dedicated origination team has cultivated deep relationships with over 200 leading private equity sponsors solidifying our position as a trusted partner offering reliable financing solutions across the capital structure of their middle market clientele. Our relationships are supported by our nearly $9 billion invested as a limited partner in middle market private equity funds.
- Conservative approach
We are committed to protecting and growing our investor’s capital by applying a rigorous, streamlined, and time-tested underwriting approach to every opportunity we evaluate. We remain highly selective and target investment opportunities that are capitalized appropriately, exhibit strong free cash flow characteristics, and maintain defensible market positions. Our alignment with top-tier private equity sponsors with deep sector expertise is an important construct of our investment philosophy.
Flexibility across the capital structure: We are unique in our ability to provide capital across all levels of the capital structure, including senior and junior debt, equity co-investments and limited partnership investments.
- Senior secured first lien loans
- Unitranche loans
- Second lien loans
- Mezzanine loans
- Equity co-investments
- Limited partnership commitments
- Scale: We continue to support our portfolio companies through the entire life of the investments
- Relationship focused: Through the years, we have developed a high level of trust with our private equity sponsors through consistency and reliability
- Experience through a cycle: 14-year track record with significant expertise across a variety of economic environments
- Nationally recognized middle market lender
Churchill offers a wide range of investment products to meet the varying needs of our investor clients. Churchill understands that all investors have individual priorities, requirements and risk/return preferences. Through an array of middle market senior and junior capital products, we aim to offer a wide range of investment solutions to accommodate the various needs of our clients.
We have extensive experience structuring offerings for both domestic and international institutional investors, including pension funds, insurance companies, family offices, endowments and foundations. In partnership with Nuveen’s global distribution team, we welcome the opportunity to meet with you and share more our nationally-recognized platform.
- Commingled Funds
- Separately Managed Accounts
- Regulated Products
- Collateralized Loan Obligations