The Fund seeks favourable long-term risk adjusted return, through income and capital appreciation, by investing primarily in a portfolio of hard currency emerging markets fixed-income securities.
The Fund directs capital toward:
- Issuers that demonstrate environmental, social and governance leadership and are best positioned to address social and/or climate challenges, or
- Securities that meet Nuveen's proprietary fixed income direct and measurable Impact Framework
- Global macro analysis: Emerging markets debt opportunities are considered in relation to global economic, political and market conditions, including conditions within developed countries.
- Country assessment: Country cohort assessment seeks to examine overall country risk to derive the investable universe.
- Fundamental analysis: Following the initial screening of the eligible opportunity set, the investment team engages in deep credit analysis representing a bottom-up assessment of credit quality and valuations.
- ESG analysis: Systematic integration of ESG data to develop ESG ratings alongside internal credit ratings.
- Portfolio construction: Lead portfolio manager allocates tracking error and monitors portfolio positioning relative to benchmark.