Login to access your documents and resources.
The net zero carbon decision
Lessons learned from an institutional investor
Is a net zero carbon target right for institutional portfolios? If it is, what steps do investors need to take to put them on the path to net zero?
Experts from TIAA’s General Account and its asset manager Nuveen share the lessons they have learned from their net zero carbon decision. The General Account announced, in May 2021, its aim to be net zero carbon by 2050. Emily Wiener and Sarah Wilson discuss the strategic decisions and the implementation challenges involved.
- Are net zero carbon portfolio targets appropriate for all institutional investors?
- The differences between divestment and setting a net zero target
- The decision-making process and why it needs to align with the organization’s beliefs
- A feasibility study of the corporate fixed income portfolio
- Making the leap from feasibility to implementation