How sustainability fits into commercial real estate debt
With over 70% of surveyed institutional investors now considering or planning to consider climate risk and the environmental and societal impact of their investment decisions1, it is becoming increasingly obvious that investment products should offer sustainable qualities in order to meet this growing demand. As a result of this trend, this paper looks at how commercial real estate (CRE) debt could be a popular choice.
- The sustainability landscape
- Why CRE debt?
- SFDR implications for CRE debt funds
- Development loans and their opportunities
- The impact of sustainable investments on lending risk
- Case study: CRE debt and sustainability in action