Asia Pacific cities in tomorrow’s world
At Nuveen Real Estate we believe Asia Pacific cities carry strong promise as part of our tomorrow’s world investment thesis, and are highly compelling for institutional investors to consider when building a core real estate portfolio. This report explores how the diversity of DNA across the cities, the expanding investment possibilities within the region and the robust structural trend will continue to support strong risk-adjusted returns over the long term.
In this article
- An allocation into Asia Pacific allows investors to add value to their global portfolio through intra-regional growth diversification, and benefit from the variances across economies within the region
- Diversification is beneficial insofar as the long-term, structural fundamentals of the economies that are invested in are resilient
- More resilient underlying fundamentals after the Asia Financial Crisis will complement the region’s longer-term secular trends to underpin economic growth prospects and real estate investment performance over coming decades
- As regional growth continues to outpace world averages, the weight of economic dominance will continue to tilt towards the East, placing Asia Pacific at the forefront of many of the investment opportunities available to real estate investors
- It is the smart selection of cities that are considered secularly resilient and sustainable, from both an economic and environmental perspective, that can help deliver attractive long-term and stable returns