A safe haven in a storm
In Preqin’s latest keynote, Carly Tripp, Global Chief Investment Officer and Head of Nuveen Real Estate Investments, discusses why taking a global approach to real estate and investing across different sectors could be a safe haven at a time of significant market volatility and rising costs of debt and living.
Key themes also discussed include:
- Where investors are looking to allocate in 2023
- Nuveen Real Estate’s strategy in 2023
- The most attractive segments of real estate
- The importance of ESG and its prevalence in Europe, APAC and the U.S.
- The use of proptech to drive value
- Potential threats to performance
We're looking for off-market opportunities where we can find strong value, and where, because of our size, scale, and expertise, we have a competitive advantage.
Responsible investing incorporates Environmental Social Governance (ESG) factors that may affect exposure to issuers, sectors, industries, limiting the type and number of investment opportunities available, which could result in excluding investments that perform well.