Nuveen leveraged finance
An integrated and robust leveraged finance platform
Nuveen’s leveraged finance platform is one of the industry’s largest and robust providers of high yield credit, broadly syndicated loans, CLOs and alternative credit strategies1. With $38 billion in assets under management, including $13 billion in CLO products, our 50+ investment professionals provide enhanced access to an asset class where scale, research depth and a focus on active management are critical to producing better results. As part of the broader Nuveen global fixed income platform, the leveraged finance team has access to substantially additive resources across various asset classes which provides the team a holistic view of global fixed income markets. Additionally, the firm's long history of investing materially alongside our clients ensures strong alignment with their interests.
Client access for Nuveen leverage finance, formally Symphony client access
We believe our market presence, sector expertise and active approach provide an advantage for our clients
Size and scale
- Significant resources: 50+ investment professional team dedicated to leveraged finance
- Leading scale: Top-5 global fixed income manager 1; $1T parent organization aligned with clients
Deep sector expertise
- Cycle-tested team: 25+ year heritage and 15+ average years of industry experience across leveraged finance
- Integrated platform: One investment committee across high yield credit, broadly syndicated loans, CLOs and alternative/hedged strategies leveraging a singular research process
Disciplined research process
- Differentiated approach: Daily re-underwriting of credit risk and valuation, from both a long and short view, which permeates throughout the team's process, enhances underwriting, and leads to proactive risk management
- ESG integration: Systematic process designed to provide proprietary ESG views and ratings which can aid in long-term performance, better manage risk, and uncover investment opportunities
- Long-term perfomance: Downside risk mitigation and proactive management of credit risk to uncover total-return opportunities within liquid issuers
- Engagement: Market presence within leveraged finance enables the team to actively engage with issuers in order to identify risks and uncover opportunities
Depth, breadth, and scale in leveraged finance
Responsible investing incorporates Environmental Social Governance (ESG) factors that may affect exposure to issuers, sectors, industries, limiting the type and number of investment opportunities available, which could result in excluding investments that perform well.
ESG integration is the consideration of financially material ESG factors in support of portfolio management for actively managed strategies. Financial materiality of ESG factors varies by asset class and investment strategy. Applicability of ESG factors may differ across investment strategies. ESG factors are among many factors considered in evaluating an investment decision, and unless otherwise stated in the relevant offering memorandum or prospectus, do not alter the investment guidelines, strategy or objectives.All investments involve risk and there is no assurance that an investment will provide positive performance over any period of time. There is no assurance that downside risk mitigation will be achieved.
* Assets under management data is as of 30 Sep 2022 and includes investments within multi-sector accounts.
1 Pensions & Investments, 06 Jun 2022. Nuveen was ranked #2 in senior loans and #3 in high-yield securities. Rankings based on total worldwide assets as of 31 Dec 2021 reported by each responding asset manager, with 444 firms responding; updated annually.