Empowered by diversity
With offices operating globally across 24 countries, we proudly cultivate an environment of inclusion that celebrates diversity and empowers our employees, clients and the communities we serve.
Inclusion & Diversity CommitteeThe Inclusion & Diversity Committee prioritizes recruiting, retention and development opportunities that champion the individuality of each and every one of our employees. Nuveen CEO Jose Minaya acts as executive sponsor for the committee across all of our offices, as well as for our parent company, TIAA, which was ranked #9 on the 2020 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list.
Action through solidarityWe host a series of working sessions between executive leadership and employees called Courageous Conversations. These sessions catalyze awareness and accountability across all levels of the organization, encourage the advocacy of allies and create a larger voice for individuals who want to be heard. Discussions ladder up to the TIAA Be the Change program, aimed to inspire:
- Change through Understanding: Proactive advocacy and anti-racism efforts
- Change through Dialogue: Meaningful interactions that create compassion between colleagues and community
- Change through Leadership: Management that engenders diverse and inclusive teams
- Change through Action: Consistent affirmation of our values through actions in the workplace
We also support numerous Business Resource Groups (BRGs) that provide a platform to unite through shared cultural, social and gender-related identities and experiences. Currently, our U.S. BRGs are:
- Achieve (Women’s Advocacy)
- Alliance (LGBTQ+)
- Empowered (Black Advocacy)
- Unite (Hispanic/Latino Advocacy)
- Our Corps (Veteran Advocacy)
- Yo-Pro (Young Professionals)
BRGs are an invaluable asset for employees looking to find camaraderie, spread awareness and strengthen professional networks across our organization. Our BRGs are open to anyone at Nuveen interested in learning about diversity dimensions—not just those who identify with a specific group's focus.