This site has been created for exclusive use by institutional investors only and does not take into account investment objectives, financial situation or specific needs of any individual investor. Information should not be the sole basis for any investment decision.
If you are not an institutional client, consultant or financial professional and are looking for more information about mutual funds and other products at Nuveen, please visit our site at www.nuveen.com.
Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. All investments involve some degree of risk including loss of principal. Investment objectives may not be met.
By agreeing you are confirming you are being truthful, acknowledging you have read the information above and accept the terms and conditions set out with this site and meeting the intended audience requirement for this site. Not all content on this site is appropriate or applicable for the general public and we cannot guarantee consequences with the use of this information by unauthorized or unintended users. Content on this site may not be redistributed and is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice or provide a solicitation of an offer to buy any security.
Impact framework and reporting methodology
Our impact framework
Based on engagement with our clients and evaluation of direct and measurable impact investment opportunities in public fixed income markets, we constructed our impact framework, that emphasizes four themes, to support a multitude of positive environment and social outcomes.
Theme: Affordable housing
- Increase availability of affordable housing globally
- Reduce rent burden to increase financial resources available after housing payments
- Increase access to home ownership for low- and moderate-income populations
- Increase availability of housing near transit options
Theme: Community and economic development
- Increase access to finance for small businesses
- Increase skills and knowledge to attain/sustain employment and livelihoods
- Improve availability of healthcare and medical services
- Create more inclusive and sustainable communities
- Sustainably increase farm productivity to improve rural livelihoods
- Reduce food insecurity
- Support recovery from disaster, conflict, or crisis
- Support macroeconomic development and institutional capacity building
Theme: Renewable energy and climate change
- Increase share of renewable energy in the global energy mix
- Increase energy efficiency
- Improve availability of sustainable transportation
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Theme: Natural resources
- Conserve natural resources and habitats, reduce deforestation
- Sequester carbon and reduce emissions
- Reduce waste, water usage, and pollution
- Improve sanitation and access to clean water
- Support sustainable food production
- Sustain rural livelihoods
Explore our latest impact insights
Because ESG criteria exclude some securities, investments in ESG-focused products may not be able to take advantage of the same opportunities or market trends as products that do not use such criteria. Investment products in general may be subject to market and other risk factors.
The investment advisory services, strategies and expertise of TIAA Investments, a division of Nuveen, are provided by Teachers Advisors, LLC and TIAA-CREF Investment Management, LLC. Securities offered through Nuveen Securities, LLC.