Greenworks lending wins silver for company of the year at the stevie awards for women in business
Darien, CT — Based on contributions to the growth of the commercial PACE industry and Greenworks Lending itself by management team members, Jessica Bailey, Ali Cooley, Genevieve Sherman, Rebecca Disbrow, and Tara Crotty, Greenworks Lending has been awarded the Stevie Award® for Women in Business. Greenworks Lending won silver in the Company of the Year category for Business Services with more than 10 Employees.
The Stevie Awards for Women in Business honor women executives, entrepreneurs, employees, and the companies they run– worldwide. More than 1,500 entries were submitted this year for consideration in more than 90 categories, including Executive of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Company of the Year, Startup of the Year, Women Helping Women, and Women Run Workplace of the Year.
Greenworks Lending’s application was entitled, “Women-Owned and Led Greenworks Lending Sets Standards in Male-Dominated Energy & Finance Industries.” The application cited the firm’s industry-first rated securitization in 2017 and its innovations such as the development of the Collective PACE™ product.
“To have Greenworks recognized in this manner is wonderful,” stated Ali Cooley who attended the awards dinner with underwriting director, Rebecca Disbrow at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel in New York City on November 16th. “There was great camaraderie among the women business leaders in attendance, particularly since so many of the companies have an element of positive social change,” she added.
Greenworks Lending’s COO and co-founder Ali Cooley accepts the silver Stevie Award for Women in Business.
Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award winners were determined by the average scores of more than 200 business professionals around the world, working on six juries. (A link to the list of judges in the Company of the Year category is provided here .)
“The judges’ comments, provided to applicants after the awards announcement, reveal a very positive sentiment about what Greenworks is building,” added Rebecca Disbrow, director of underwriting.
The following are all of the judges’ optional comments on Greenworks Lending’s entry. We have not edited or curated the comments in any way:
- This was an excellent submission – a worthy contender.
- The figures in this nomination are impressive, demonstrating the potential of renewables and energy efficiency. Well done.
- This is an innovative and exciting business that has made great progress over a relatively short period of time. A deserving candidate for the award(s) entered.
- Enormous YTD date growth shows that vision and creativity works. Greenworks Lending is helping to save landmark buildings and our environment. Nicely done.
- Congratulations to Greenworks Lending. In a male-dominated industry, Ali & Jessica are demonstrating that gender is not a requirement for innovation and success.
Always impressed when people do something creative in the financial industry.
great entry, good luck – YTD growth 230%1 is amazing
- Impressive work and influence and scaled … please continue.
- An extremely well written, comprehensive nomination that conveys product innovation and strong business growth. The mixture of anecdotal and quantitative evidence is compelling. The level of innovation across the business is exciting, showing that the leadership is determined to break new ground in their sector in multiple ways.
Excellent performance and results. Super purpose and philosophy.
- Great ides we need more green initiatives!
- Greenworks is dedicated to making renewable energy, proving that clean energy and energy efficiency investments are smart business decisions that stand on their own for all types of businesses and building owners across the country.
- Great space in motivating further renewable energy awareness and usage in small business. I think it would be good to hear more about how this manifests for community customers and what opportunities exist beyond the core market.
About the Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in seven programs: the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, the German Stevie Awards, The American Business Awards®, The International Business Awards®, the Stevie Awards for Great Employers, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Stevie Awards competitions receive more than 10,000 entries each year from organizations in more than 70 nations. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at http://www.StevieAwards.com
1 YTD growth presented in the application by Greenworks Lending was a comparison of closed deals from Aug 31, 2017 compared to Aug 31, 2018.