Webinar replay: Shawn Lese on defined contributions
We will review the defined benefit and defined contribution models and examine how trends in these markets are reshaping investment options, investment programs and investor roles. The DC model is growing and, if it hasn't already, it will likely impact your career at some point in the future. This webinar will provide you with insights into key trends and review a number of different strategies and solutions available in real estate today.
Part 1: Defining opportunity sets: looking back and forward with modern DC plans
- Defined Benefit vs. Defined Contribution: How did we get here, and where are we going?
- The case for alternatives and private real estate inside defined contribution plans
- An overview of various defined contribution platforms and trade-offs
Part 2: Evolution of Real Estate in DC Plans: Trends to Watch
- Which types of platforms are gaining traction, and why?
- Why isn't the DC model's adoption of private real estate growing faster, and what needs to happen for it to reach its full potential?
- What are the implications of Secure Act and Pooled Employer Plans? What do they mean for the real estate and financial services industries?
Part 3: How to Do Real Estate Right, Implementation of DC Plan
- Where does real estate fit in a modern DC plan?
- What are key considerations to implement, related to process and structure?
- Case study to examine key points in adoption and management to highlight how it all fits together