Transitioning a portfolio to net zero carbon
In a recent interview with Preqin, Abigail Dean, Global Head of Strategic Insights, discusses Nuveen Real Estate's target to achieve net zero carbon (NZC) emissions across its property portfolio by 2040.
Key themes discussed include
- How we plan to achieve this ambitious target of NZC by 2040 and the actions being taken now across our portfolio
- The utilisation of modern technology to achieve NZC
- External certifications used in assessing the sustainability of assets
- Key challenges that we are likely to face when transitioning our portfolio to NZC
- Impact investing and the potential for financial returns
Responsible investing incorporates Environmental Social Governance (ESG) factors that may affect exposure to issuers, sectors, industries, limiting the type and number of investment opportunities available, which could result in excluding investments that perform well.