Expanding borrowing relationships into a greener world
In a recent interview with Real Estate Capital USA, Peter Jack Gay, Global Head of Commercial Real Estate Debt, discusses how the New York-based investment management company blends its global and local expertise to strengthen borrower relationships and offerings
Key questions include
- How important is green lending to the business, both within Nuveen and for its borrowers?
- How are the debt markets adjusting to the current volatility?
- Which sectors and markets are performing best?
- Are you able to use your portfolio to help your lending activity, to provide a real-time analysis as you’re underwriting and sourcing?
- What are borrowers asking for right now?
- What will the rest of the year bring?
I also think that as the world becomes more uncertain, certainty of execution becomes more important
Our capabilities in the Global Debt series
This material is not intended to be a recommendation or investment advice, does not constitute a solicitation to buy, sell or hold a security or an investment strategy, and is not provided in a fiduciary capacity. The information provided does not take into account the specific objectives or circumstances of any particular investor, or suggest any specific course of action. Financial professionals should independently evaluate the risks associated with products or services and exercise independent judgment with respect to their clients.
Responsible investing incorporates Environmental Social Governance (ESG) factors that may affect exposure to issuers, sectors, industries, limiting the type and number of investment opportunities available, which could result in excluding investments that perform well.
Nuveen, LLC provides investment advisory services through its investment specialists.