Perspectives in today’s real estate market
Our Real Estate team develops a quarterly global research report that analyzes the current market opportunities for strategic allocation of real estate for long-term investment benefits. This report shares insights on the macroeconomic themes and an analysis of commercial real estate megatrends across all sectors.
Opportunities we’re watching around the globe:
- Industrial/logistics: Online shopping and shifting supply chains are supporting increased demand for modern last-mile and distribution facilities
- Office: Scientific discovery and innovation boosting demand for life science and medical office space
- Alternatives: We are seeing growth in many specialize sub-sets of traditional sectors, such as student/senior housing, single family rental housing, and medical office. And the transformation of digital economy is creating opportunities in data centers
- Housing: In the U.S., the Netherlands and Scandinavia aging millennials forming are driving demand for suburban real estate ---particularly with increased work-from-home adoption
- Retail: While ecommerce and shifting consumer preferences are creating challenges for traditional retail. Alternative retail such as grocery-anchored retail centers provide opportunity
- Impact: Affordable housing has become less accessible as rent inflation outpaces income growth for mid-to low-income earners. Outsized demand from tenants has sparked investor awareness and ultimately presented favorable impact investment opportunities.