This site has been created for exclusive use by institutional investors only and does not take into account investment objectives, financial situation or specific needs of any individual investor. Information should not be the sole basis for any investment decision.
If you are not an institutional client, consultant or financial professional and are looking for more information about mutual funds and other products at Nuveen, please visit our site at www.nuveen.com.
Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. All investments involve some degree of risk including loss of principal. Investment objectives may not be met.
By agreeing you are confirming you are being truthful, acknowledging you have read the information above and accept the terms and conditions set out with this site and meeting the intended audience requirement for this site. Not all content on this site is appropriate or applicable for the general public and we cannot guarantee consequences with the use of this information by unauthorized or unintended users. Content on this site may not be redistributed and is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice or provide a solicitation of an offer to buy any security.
Perspectives in today’s real estate market
Global trends driving opportunity and risk
Short term trends in global real estate:
- Lenders continue to show leniency with real estate borrowers as they expect the pandemic to have largely temporary effects
- While many domestic markets hold up well, capital flows have become less international as travel restrictions bite
- Rising inflationary expectations and spike in long term yields point to improved growth outlook and will underpin ongoing strong investment interest
Long term trends in global real estate:
- Evolution towards alternative real estate
- Growth of importance of ESG factors in real estate
- More flexible office and work-from-home arrangements