This site has been created for exclusive use by institutional investors only and does not take into account investment objectives, financial situation or specific needs of any individual investor. Information should not be the sole basis for any investment decision.
If you are not an institutional client, consultant or financial professional and are looking for more information about mutual funds and other products at Nuveen, please visit our site at www.nuveen.com.
Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. All investments involve some degree of risk including loss of principal. Investment objectives may not be met.
By agreeing you are confirming you are being truthful, acknowledging you have read the information above and accept the terms and conditions set out with this site and meeting the intended audience requirement for this site. Not all content on this site is appropriate or applicable for the general public and we cannot guarantee consequences with the use of this information by unauthorized or unintended users. Content on this site may not be redistributed and is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice or provide a solicitation of an offer to buy any security.
Perspectives in today’s real estate market
Real estate headwinds, turbulence, and tailwinds
Tailwinds: Trends that favor demand
- Online shopping supporting increased demand for modern last mile and distribution facilities
- Scientific discovery and innovation boosting demand for life science space
- Aging populations creating opportunities in healthcare real estate such as Japan, China and Europe
Turbulence: Opportunities and risk
- The future of the office is still uncertain, creating both opportunities and risk in the sector
- The extent that business and leisure travel return creates unknowns in the hospitality sector
- Net Zero Carbon requirements may lead to stranded assets, which cannot be upgraded
Headwinds: Challenges for real estate
- Global climate change is creating additional risks in many top global cities
- Diverging wealth and resultant political instability is creating a more challenging political environment for landlords
- Ecommerce and shifting consumer preferences are creating challenges for traditional retail