This site has been created for exclusive use by institutional investors only and does not take into account investment objectives, financial situation or specific needs of any individual investor. Information should not be the sole basis for any investment decision.
If you are not an institutional client, consultant or financial professional and are looking for more information about mutual funds and other products at Nuveen, please visit our site at www.nuveen.com.
Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. All investments involve some degree of risk including loss of principal. Investment objectives may not be met.
By agreeing you are confirming you are being truthful, acknowledging you have read the information above and accept the terms and conditions set out with this site and meeting the intended audience requirement for this site. Not all content on this site is appropriate or applicable for the general public and we cannot guarantee consequences with the use of this information by unauthorized or unintended users. Content on this site may not be redistributed and is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice or provide a solicitation of an offer to buy any security.
Webinar replay: Defining Opportunity Sets in Real Estate Debt
What are the fundamental drivers of the different debt opportunity sets in the U.S. real estate market today? During this webinar, we examined a range of different strategies across a range of markets. The webinar was broken into three parts, each featuring a group of expert speakers.
Part 1: Defining Opportunities: The Case for Real Estate Debt
- What are credit markets telling us about future opportunities in equity and debt spaces today?
- What are key themes and trends related to interest rates and inflation?
- Which property sectors are most/least desired and why?
- What are the trends to watch related to defining attractive markets?
- Why is real estate debt attractive at this point in the cycle?
Part 2: Defining Opportunities in Mezzanine & Subordinated Debt
- Defining key fundamentals of mezzanine and subordinated debt.
- How do managers differentiate and price various types of collateral-level risk?
- What strategies and tools do managers have to manage risk?
- What are return ranges for mezzanine and subordinated debt today?
- What are the fundamental reasons for the growing opportunities in this part of the market?
Part 3: Defining Opportunities in Senior Debt in Private and Public Markets
- What are the key trends in the first-mortgage market today for commercial and residential lending?
- How is the first-mortgage market evolving, and how might lending structures change in the future?
- Why are direct whole loan strategies attractive?
- What is the current state of the CMBS market, and what is its outlook for the future?