Thank you for your message. We will contact you shortly.
Real estate’s road to net zero carbon
Real estate is one of the world’s largest producers of carbon emissions, which makes the road to net zero carbon difficult to navigate.
And yet, Nuveen Real Estate plans to be net zero carbon by 2040 – ten years ahead of the Paris Accord mandate.
Download our interactive pdf which maps Nuveen Real Estate’s pathway to net zero carbon and shares best practices for achieving this goal.
- An enterprise-wide pathway
- A building-specific pathway
- Local insights from around the globe
- Net zero carbon’s challenges and ambiguities
- Investment risks and opportunities
- Examples of successful carbon reduction in real estate assets
The following case study is an example of how we are reducing carbon emission in our assets.
Case study: cube (Berlin)
- cube Berlin is a 17,500 sq m (188,300 sq ft) customized smart office building on Washingtonplatz at Berlin’s central railroad station and part of the area’s long-term regeneration
- 100% pre-let, this fully digitalized smart building includes intelligent heating, cooling and lighting systems, and offers a tenant app for room bookings and internal communications
- Using artificial intelligence, the building recognizes user requirements and flexibly meets their needs
- It has a WiredScore ‘Platinum’ certification, one of the first assets in Germany to attain this, and is in line for Gold certification by the German Sustainable Building Council (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Nachhaltiges Bauen, DGNB) due to its ecological, social and economic sustainability criteria
This document is not directed at or intended for any person (or entity) who is citizen or resident of (or located or established in) any jurisdiction where its use would be contrary to applicable law or regulation [or would subject the issuing companies or products to any registration or licencing requirements]. Nuveen Real Estate is a name under which Nuveen Real Estate Management Limited provides investment products and services. Issued by Nuveen Real Estate Management Limited (reg. no. 2137726), (incorporated and registered in England and Wales with registered office at 201 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3BN) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide investment products and services. Telephone calls may be recorded and monitored.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
These materials are provided solely for use in private meetings and are intended for informational and discussion purposes only. These materials are only for use by the intended party and may only be circulated only to persons whom they may lawfully be distributed. Persons who do not fall within such descriptions may not act upon the information contained in these materials. Any entity responsible for forwarding this material to other parties takes responsibility for ensuring compliance with local laws, and in particular any applicable financial promotion rules.
This document is not a prospectus and does not constitute an offer to the public. No public offering or advertising of investment services or securities is intended to have taken effect through the provision of these materials. It is not intended to provide specific investment advice including, without limitation, investment, financial, legal, accounting or tax advice, or to make any recommendations about suitability for any particular investor.
Nuveen Real Estate is a real estate investment management holding company owned by Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA) . Nuveen Real Estate securities products distributed in North America are advised by UK regulated subsidiaries or Nuveen Alternatives Advisors, LLC, a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of TIAA, and distributed by Nuveen Securities, LLC, Member of FINRA and SIPC. Nuveen, LLC ("Nuveen") provides investment advice and portfolio management services through TIAA and over a dozen affiliated registered investment advisers. Nuveen Real Estate is an investment affiliate of Nuveen.
All information as at 1 December 2020 and sourced from Nuveen unless otherwise disclosed.