Core Values and Business Principles
Our Core Values
Our Business Principles
1. Our clients’ interests always come first. If we serve our clients well, our own success will follow. Our clients entrust us to protect and grow their investments. They are pension funds, endowments, and other institutional investors as well as high-net-worth individuals and families who work closely with financial advisors and consultants.
2. We do our best to constantly justify our reputation for quality. Our clients tell us that our people, products and services have differentiated our firm over the long term. This reputation for quality over time is a very important part of our firm’s character and history of success. Accordingly, we will do what is necessary to ensure high quality in all aspects of our business and, importantly, we will not cut corners at the expense of sound long-term development of our products, services, operations, risk-management systems, or people.
3. The people who represent our firm every day do so with integrity. We strive to comport ourselves in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty. We instill a strong culture of compliance throughout our firm.
4. We take a long-term perspective in managing portfolios. We design and offer an array of actively managed and index-enhanced investment products to help achieve the long-term financial goals of our clients. Our products are developed to balance expected returns and risk over a long-term investment horizon. We believe it is important to invest across traditional asset classes as well as in alternative investment strategies. This breadth allows us to be responsive to the evolving needs of our clients and to gain insights into new areas for future development.
5. We are entrepreneurs who value innovation and see creativity as a hallmark of our business. In our industry, no good idea stays small for very long and some can rapidly transform the competitive landscape. In this context, we strive to quickly adapt and innovate when opportunities emerge that offer potential to provide compelling value to our clients.
6. Teamwork is critical to our success. We work hard to communicate and coordinate activities openly throughout our firm. In a highly competitive and dynamic business, a spirit of collaboration can be a powerfully positive force. The best ideas are those developed collaboratively and through a process that encourages constructive discourse in pursuit of our very best ideas – call it a culture of "challenge with respect."
7. A strong achievement orientation is critical to our success. The continuously evolving needs of our clients, the increasing complexity of capital markets and the intensifying competitive landscape all place a premium on discipline, speed, and nimbleness. We rely upon each other to exemplify these attributes and work together toward the shared objective of "winning the right way."
8. We are disciplined in our approach to our work. It is essential for us to be well prepared through continuous professional training and education. This will serve us well in terms of both demonstrating consistent industry thought leadership and operating within all established regulatory and compliance standards.
9. We are accountable for our firm’s financial resources. We deploy and manage capital provided by our equity partners in a manner that responsibly balances risks with expected favorable returns over time.
10. We remember to enjoy our work and enhance our professional experiences through a sense of responsibility. We’re fortunate to be part of such a dynamic and rewarding business. We encourage a positive environment and experience for all of our people and their families. We pursue our professional activities with vigor while remembering to remain humble, to value diversity, and to give back to the communities in which we live and work.